Follow these instructions to gift songs from digital music retailers:
1. If person can redeem the gift: Just click on “Give song as gift” and follow prompts.
2. Amazon MP3 email attachment gift : If person CANNOT redeem gift, as in most of the international fans: BUY the song and then put it as an attachment in email to them.
You can only buy two copies of the song per checkout for them to count as sales for David. So if you’re assigned 10 gifts, you need to do five separate checkouts.
Amazon has a free mp3 downloader app. It’s good to have this. It will automatically put all your mp3 purchases in an Amazon folder in your ‘downloads’. From there, you can attach it to emails.
1. Click “view in iTunes”
2. Next to “buy”, there’s a small black arrow. Click on that and choose “gift this album” (third from top)
3. Follow prompts. Fill in your info and recipient(s) info.
To get a redemption code on iTunes:
1. follow first 2 steps above.
2. Once you get the “Give a gift” page, click on the second choice: “print gift myself“
3. You will get a new page with no required recipient email. For recipient name, fill in any name you like.
Click on “Buy Gift”.
4. You will get a page that has a redemption code on it.
If you’re handing out the gift to people you know, print the page.
5. But if you’re sending the code to Coookistas, no need to print. Just copy it into an email you send to the recipient you were assigned.